Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Restaurants

This post is a work in progress.  But I thought it could be helpful to those of you planning trips to these places.  Most of these places I had been to way before I started this blog, thus the limited amount of restaurants, but as I remember their names and as we continue to travel, the post will grow!


AUSTRIA
Salzburg- StPeter Stiftskeller- so amazing!  Great fish!  Be sure to get the salzburger nockerl, no matter where you eat!   
BELGIUM

FRANCE

Paris- Le Souffle- Each course is a souffle dish!
Paris-Restaurant L'Ardoise- WOW!
Reims- Brasserie du Boulingrin- awesome French food!!
Epernay- La Cave a Champagne- amazing!!

GERMANY

Fellbach- El Mero Mexicano- The best Mexican I've had in Germany so far..
Baden-Baden- Le Provence- Great food, nice setting, romantic

GREAT BRITAIN

HUNGARY
Budapest- Chocolate Bar- A-mazing!
ITALY
Milan- Mozzarella Bar- Need I say more??
LITHUANIA
Vilnius-Medininkai- This restaurant is fantastic!  It's right in the old town.  This is the street address-  Aušros Vartų gatvė 8 
Vilnius-Radisson Blu Astorija Hotel Restaurant.  I know it's in a radisson, but we had a lovely French meal at this restaurant.  Would recommend if you're in the mood for French or at least in the mood for Mussels like I was.
NETHERLANDS
Amsterdam-  Pancake Bakery- amazing!  We had the apple/bacon.  Not to miss!!
POLAND
Krakow- Miod Malina (Honey Raspberry)- The tastiest pirogies!  We got the sampler!
PORTUGAL
SAN MARINO
SCOTLAND
Edinburgh- The Outsider- I think we had the most amazing food at this place.  I had the mussels and the rhubarb dessert.  I would go back in a second!
Edinburgh- Mum's- Awesome homemade sausages, even vegetarian.  Great milk shakes!
Edinburgh- The Dog's- I had the veggie haggis and while it wasn't my favorite meal, I would go back and try something else.  The dessert, honeycomb parfait, was a bit of heaven I didn't want to share!  AMAZING!
SPAIN
Madrid- Toma Jamon, C/Cava Baja 10- has the best jamon!!
SWITZERLAND
Zurich- Sprüngli confectioner- So this is not a restaurant- but a must stop for Luxeumburgerli's.  :)
TURKEY
Istanbul- Doy-Doy- Great prices for great Turkish cuisine.


No comments:

Post a Comment